Buscar

miércoles, 22 de abril de 2015

A woman from planet Earth

You never loved me
the way a human being
should love another.
You dressed me up in wonder,
said I was a goddess, not your lover,
you built me an altar full of flowers
and worshiped the illusion of perfection.

You let me dance among the stars,
said my red carped was Mars,
you were the moon, my satellite,
I was the Northern Star on your sky.

'Till you opened your eyes
to discover nothing else
than a woman born in planet Earth

I fell down from Heaven,
a shooting star you wished upon,
but when you reached out
you saw I was nothing but a rock,
a woman born in planet Earth

You thought I flew,
I had wings,
but I walk too,
the same as you,
I'm but a human being

I'm no goddess
and you couldn't love me,
this woman born in planet Earth

You fell for a fantasy,
got down to your knees
and worshiped my feet,
but you can't stand up
and walk hand in hand
with this woman who's me

I never asked 
to dance among the stars
to walk the red carpet in Mars,
for you to be my satellite,
to be the guide in your night sky

I only wished to be loved,
but you could never love
this humble woman from planet Earth

I still think I'm dressed up in wonder,
but if you can't stand my faults,
the scars and voids inside my soul,
it's time to call it over.

I'll jump from my altar
to the earthly ground,
fall down from your heaven,
cut my wings and cry out loud
I'm just a woman from planet Earth

You couldn't love me,
I walk away,
I may not fly
but there's no fault in my steps,
I'm a beautiful woman

born on planet Earth.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario